History

The company was founded in 1876 in Neuss am Rhein by Otto Gottschalck and Karl Dicker as a wholesale business for screws, nuts and related accessories.

In the following year the company moved to Mannheim and Karl Dicker, the co-founder, left the enterprise.

       
       

In 1916 the company was acquired from Otto Gottschalck by Carl Dunz, a native of Stuttgart who had joined the business in 1892.




       

In 1916 the company was acquired from Otto Gottschalck by Carl Dunz, a native of Stuttgart who had joined the business in 1892.

       
Since 1990 this medium-sized company has been managed by Martin Dunz, Gerhard's son, in what is now the third generation.